Foro Castle
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Andrew Marlowe para TV-LINE

Andrew Marlowe para TV-LINE Empty Andrew Marlowe para TV-LINE

Mensaje por Deschanel Jue Ago 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Interesante entrevista (con muchos spoilers Very Happy) de TV-LIVE a Andrew Marlowe. Aquí el enlace: http://tvline.com/2012/08/22/fall-tv-preview-castle-season-5/

Fall TV Preview: As Castle Explores 'Pure, Raw' Emotions, 'The Fun and Conflict Only Escalate'

ABC’s Castle, in its Season 4 finale, pulled the trigger on the hook-up that many fans had avidly longed for, when Kate (played by Stana Katic) – having been put through the professional wringer, ultimately resigning from the NYPD – grabbed hold of her personal life and professed her feelings to Rick (Nathan Fillion). “[Maddox] got away and I didn’t care,” Beckett, in from the rain, shared with her partner in crime solving. “I almost died and all I could think about was you. I just want you.” And then… you know the rest. So what happens now? TVLine’s in-depth look at the ABC hit’s coming season continues with my Q&A with series creator Andrew W. Marlowe, conducted in the 12th precinct’s newly expanded interview lounge as the cast filmed the season premiere airing Sept. 24.

TVLINE | Here you are, entering your first season with Rick and Kate as a couple…. How is that different for you?
Given where they are in their relationship, we’re looking forward to mining that fun. Everybody’s asking, did we reach some sort of conclusion at the end of last year? And to all of us it really feels like a new, fresh, fun beginning for these folks, because Castle and Beckett aren’t going to change who they are. They still get on each other’s nerves. And just because you’re in a relationship doesn’t mean it goes smoothly. There’s a finish line that they haven’t reached yet – how are they going to be able to get there? And what’s the roller coaster ride going to look like? Those are all the things we’re really excited to play with.

TVLINE | Stana was saying to me that you’ve got two people who individually are extraordinary, coming together in a relationship. And as many reasons as there are why that’s so right, there’s probably a hundred reasons we haven’t even thought of why it might not work.
Certainly if you look at the relationship on paper — a New York City police detective who lives in a particular kind of socioeconomic world and deals with a particular kind of stuff, and a wealthy mystery novelist who lives in a much different world — these guys wouldn’t make any sense. But oddly enough, it’s their love of solving the mystery where they connected. The sparks that fly between the two of them that are so much fun come from friction, and friction is both a positive thing and a negative thing.

TVLINE | Exactly how much time will have lapsed when we pick up with the new season?
We’re picking up the morning after. It’s going to be the next day, and we get to see what that looks like and how they both reacted to her coming over and the decisions that she’s made and the situation that they now find themselves in. As with any great moment you have in a relationship, it can’t last, because real life intrudes.

TVLINE | What debate took place as far as how much to show of their long-anticipated coupling?
There was some amount of debate, but it was important to us to show enough to create the poetry of it. There was a certain point where we had some more material, but we felt like we were overshooting the apex of their emotional… I hesitate to use the word climax, because of its meanings… but their emotional connection is more important than what follows after it. We will deal with what follows when we come back, in a very satisfying way to the audience, but it wasn’t something that we felt like we needed to show. Also, since we were ending the episode with Beckett being under threat [from Cole Maddox], with that the sword of Damocles hanging above her head, we didn’t want to go too far, because then we felt like the pure, raw energy of their emotions would be tainted by that. We were very pleased with how it turned out. We hope the audience was pleased as well, though we know there are people out there who would like to see more.

TVLINE | Is it safe to say Rick has seen Kate’s tattoo?
I think it’s safe to say that Rick has seen Kate’s tattoo.

TVLINE | And Stana told me that we see Beckett’s bed finally – which actually answers a reader question I had.
The new relationships that we’re dealing with this year will allow us to really open up her character in a way that we haven’t been able to, because we’ve always been perceiving it through Castle’s eyes. Now that they’re in this relationship, it opens it up a great deal more — but that’s not to say that there aren’t still a lot of layers to the Beckett onion. She’s still a bit of a mystery and there are going to be certain things that she’s going to hold private — and that’ll be both a source of fun and contention as we move forward.

TVLINE | As you broke the season’s first episodes with this new dynamic to play with, did you find it easier or harder than you imagined?
I think we found it different. Certainly not easier. The questions we’re asking are new questions and engaging the characters in new ways, so from that point of view it’s harder because we were stretching outside our comfort level. It’s just new. Last year, we felt like we had mined everything we could have with them not being together. So this fresh challenge is really exciting to us.

TVLINE | You’ve been given a new laundry list of things to have at your disposal.
Yes. There are things that we haven’t done, things that are fresh, and things that we can explore. There are aspects to this relationship that we can explore, because we all know that once you get into a relationship, the fun and the conflict doesn’t end. In a lot of ways, the fun and the conflict only escalate.

TVLINE | Right – for example, the next time Rick sees Jim Beckett, that’s got to be a little different. Well, how about a “meet the parents” episode, where Jim Beckett and Martha and Castle and Beckett are all together at dinner? There’s all sorts of fun stuff we can play with. But also, what happens when you find out a secret that somebody has kept, and now that you’re in a relationship, they’re still keeping it? Or an old boyfriend or an old girlfriend comes to town — how do you deal with that?

TVLINE | So you’re saying there may still be skeletons knocking around in people’s closets?
Well, I think we all have skeletons. Some of us who have been in long-term relationships, there’s probably still stuff that we don’t know about our significant others. I think that there are skeletons in both Rick’s and Kate’s closet.

TVLINE | I’d be curious to see some of Kate’s.
Well, she keeps her cards pretty close to her vest, so that’s why they’re more fun. It feels like everybody knows the same Castle — he’s kind of the same guy to everybody in their life — but you can see that Kate is somebody who plays roles. She’s a particular sort of person to her father, and a particular sort of person to Castle, a particular sort of person to Gates, to Montgomery…. She’s very guarded in situations, and she chooses what to reveal about herself. Now that she’s in this relationship with Castle, is she going to reveal a little bit more? Or is she going to keep her secrets somewhere where she can draw her lines and boundaries?

TVLINE | Between Rick and Kate, who would you say is the most affected by has happened?
I think it’s equal. Both sides are pretty affected.

TVLINE | Are they both equally psyched? Or is anybody having the tiniest of misgivings…?
I think every relationship is complicated and there is inevitably, in any relationship, a honeymoon phase. You certainly have a lot of anxiety in the beginning, because this thing has been built up in both of their minds for a long time. So really, how was it, and is this real? Those are issues that anybody who’s had this kind of dance, getting to that moment, is going to wrestle with. Kate’s biggest fear is that, if she and Rick hook up, he’s not going to be interested in her anymore.

TVLINE | Right, she needs to know that it meant as much to him as it meant to her.
If you remember, in the pilot she said, “What, so I can be another notch on your bedpost? I know you, you have a reputation as being a womanizer.” So what happens when you’re the woman who finally beds the womanizer? How far do you trust that? There is that insecurity, but then that insecurity can give way to bliss. But then the question is, is that bliss real as you move forward from your little honeymoon period and you’re dealing with the person as a person? That’s when things become more complicated and hopefully more interesting. You have that period where it’s the two of you against the world and you’re keeping this wonderful secret, and part of the reason why you want to keep it private is that it’s just so phenomenal. It’s precious and you want to foster it and you want to breathe life into those embers… but as things move forward, things change.

TVLINE | What’s your rollout plan for the other characters finding out what happened? It’s a marathon, not a sprint?
A marathon, not a sprint. Slow but fun. We feel like there’s a lot of mileage to be gotten out of it.

TVLINE | Jon Huertas hinted to me that Esposito picks up on a little bit of a something in the first episode.
Yes. I think that’s how Jon would like to perceive Javy’s level of perception. Sure. Sure. [Laughs] What’s interesting, the way we’re playing it, is that NYPD rules prohibit people from being in a relationship if they’re working together. When Esposito and Lanie were together, the ME’s office is completely separate from the NYPD. So [Rick and Kate] are worried if Gates finds out, they’re not going to be able to work together. That’s a threat to the relationship.

TVLINE | But Kate’s not working for the NYPD right now, right?
Well, in the first episode, she’s not, but…. There’s not a show if she’s not investigating.

TVLINE | But whose move is it? Beckett resigned, after all.
I think that the person whose move it is was the last person who spoke in the finale, [Cole Maddox] who said, “As soon as I get that information back, I’m going to put Kate Beckett into the ground.” As John Lennon said it, “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” Castle and Beckett find this lovely magical bubble in which to operate, but that doesn’t mean that it can sustain. It doesn’t mean that somebody’s not going to come along and pop it.

TVLINE | How soon do we see Tahmoh Penikett again as Maddox?
You see him in the first episode.

TVLINE | If “Secrets” was the theme to last season, what’s the theme for Season 5?
Let me think…. I think this season is the challenge of being together and what that looks like. I do retain the right to change my mind as we get in and we start to really see how people are responding. I mean, we have a couple of great scripts in front of us, but we’re just now seeing how Nathan and Stana settle into these roles and where some of that magic is. Some of our work behind the scenes as we go to address this stuff on the page is going to be informed by what’s working really well and what we feel like we can mine to bring the audience the most satisfying journey. Still to come in TVLine’s Castle Season 5 preview: Seamus Dever and Jon Huertas talk about the 12th precinct’s nasty break-up, and Stana Katic shares her own thoughts on the consummated ‘Caskett’ romance.

Ahora lo traduzco (no soy anglófona, asi que no estará perfecto Facepalm Facepalm )
Deschanel
Deschanel
Actor en Broadway
Actor en Broadway

Andrew Marlowe para TV-LINE Empty Re: Andrew Marlowe para TV-LINE

Mensaje por Deschanel Jue Ago 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Traducción casera-que-admite-todo-tipo-de-correcciones:

TV-LINE: Aquí estamos, con tu primera temporada con Rick y Kate como pareja... ¿cómo ha sido de diferente eso para tí?
Marlowe.- Teniendo en cuenta donde se encuentra su relación ahora, tenemos ganas de explotar esa diversión. Todo el mundo está preguntando si llegamos a algún tipo de conclusión al final del año pasado, y para todos nosotros se siente como un nuevo, fresco y divertido comienzo para estos dos, porque Castle y Beckett no van a cambiar su forma de ser. Ellos aún se sacan de quicio. Y solo porque estén en una relación no significa que no tengan problemas. Hay una meta que no han alcanzado todavía - ¿cómo van a ser capaces de llegar? ¿y que pasará con la montaña rusa? Esas son todas las cosas que estamos realmente emocionados por desarrollar.

TVLINE: Stana me estaba diciendo que se trata de dos personas que individualmente son extraordinarios, y que se unen en una relación. Y a la vez que hay cosas positivas, hay probablemente cientos de razones por las que no podría funcionar.
Marlowe.- Ciertamente, si nos fijamos en la relación en el papel - una detective de la policía de Nueva York que vive en un determinado nivel socio-económico, lidiando con un determinado tipo de asuntos, y un novelista de misterio rico que vive en un mundo muy diferente, no tendría sentido. Pero por extraño que parezca, es su amor por resolver misterios lo que les hace conectar. Las chispas que vuelan entre los dos, que son muy divertidas, vienen de la fricción (roce) y el roce es a la vez algo positivo y algo negativo.

TVLINE | ¿Exactamente cuánto tiempo habrá transcurrido cuando empiece la nueva temporada?
Marlowe.- Empezará por la mañana siguiente. Va a ser el día siguiente, y vamos a ver cómo se ve y cómo ambos reaccionaron a la visita de ella y las decisiones que ella ha hecho y la situación en la que ahora se encuentran. Como cualquier gran momento en una relación, eso no puede durar, ya que topan con la realidad.

TVLINE | ¿Qué debate se llevó a cabo en cuanto a que se va a ver del tan esperado momento (final de temporada)?
Marlowe.- Hubo bastante debate, pero era importante para nosotros mostrar lo suficiente como para ser poéticos. Había un cierto punto en el que teníamos un poco más de material, pero nos sentimos como si estuviéramos mostrando demasiado de la cúspide de su desarrollo emocional ... No me atrevo a usar la palabra clímax, debido a sus significados ... pero su conexión emocional es más importante que lo que sigue "después de". Nos ocuparemos de lo que sigue, cuando volvamos, de una manera muy satisfactoria para la audiencia, pero no era algo que sentíamos que tuviésemos que mostrar. Además, ya que el episodio terminaba con Beckett bajo amenaza [de Cole Maddox], con la espada de Damocles pendiendo sobre su cabeza, no quería ir demasiado lejos, porque entonces teniamos la sensación de que su energía, presa de sus emociones, se vería manchada por eso. Nos quedamos muy contentos con la forma en la que resultó. Esperamos que el público esté contento también, aunque sabemos que hay gente por ahí que le gustaría ver más.

TVLINE | ¿Se podría decir que Rick ha visto el tatuaje de Kate?
Marlowe.-Creo que podríamos decir que Rick ha visto tatuaje de Kate.

TVLINE | Stana me dijo que por fin vamos a ver la cama de Beckett - lo que responde a una pregunta que uno de los lectores tenía.
Marlowe.- Las nuevas relaciones que estamos tratando este año nos van a permitir abrir realmente su personaje (Beckett) de una manera que no hemos sido capaces de hacerlo hasta ahora, porque siempre hemos estado percibiéndolo a través de los ojos de Castle. Ahora que están en una relación, se podrá abrir mucho más el personaje- pero eso no quiere decir que no haya todavía un montón de capas de la cebolla Beckett. Ella sigue siendo un poco un misterio y hay ciertas cosas que ella va a seguir guardando en secreto - y que va a ser a su vez una fuente de diversión y contención a medida que avanzamos.

TVLINE | Con los primeros episodios de esta temporada con una nueva dinámica para escribir, ¿te resultará más fácil o más difícil de lo que imaginabas?
Marlowe.-Creo que lo que hemos encontrado es diferente. Desde luego, no es más fácil. Las preguntas que nos están pidiendo son preguntas nuevas y comprometen a los personajes en diferentes formas, así que desde ese punto de vista es más difícil porque estamos escribiendo fuera de nuestro nivel de comodidad. Sólo es nuevo. El año pasado, nos sentimos como si hubiéramos extraído todo lo que podríamos extraer sin que estuvieran juntos. Así que este nuevo desafío es realmente emocionante para nosotros.

TVLINE | Te han dado una larga lista de nuevas cosas para tener a tu disposición.
Marlowe.-Sí. Hay cosas que no hemos hecho, cosas que son frescas, y cosas que podemos explorar. Hay aspectos de esta relación que podemos explorar, porque todos sabemos que una vez que se entra en una relación, la diversión y el conflicto no terminan. En muchos sentidos, la diversión y el conflicto sólo aumentan.

TVLINE | Por ejemplo, la próxima vez que Rick vea a Jim Beckett, tiene que ser un poco diferente.
Marlowe.- Bueno, ¿qué tal un episodio tipo "Los padres de ella" en el que Jim Beckett y Martha, Castle y Beckett cenan todos juntos? Hay todo tipo de cosas divertidas con las que podemos jugar. Pero también, que pasa cuando descubres un secreto que alguien ha guardado, y ahora que estás en una relación, ¿lo siguen manteniendo en secreto? O un antiguo novio o una antigua novia que llega a la ciudad - ¿cómo lidiar con eso?

TVLINE | ¿Así que estás diciendo que puede haber todavía secretos?
Marlowe.- Bueno, creo que todos tenemos secretos. Los que hemos estado en relaciones a largo plazo probablemente haya todavía cosas que no sabemos acerca de nuestros seres queridos. Creo que hay esqueletos tanto en el armario de Rick como en el de Kate.

TVLINE | Tengo curiosidad por ver algunos de Kate.
Marlowe.- Bueno, ella guarda sus cartas muy cerca de su chaleco (es más reservada), así que es por eso que son más divertidos. Parece que todo el mundo sabe como es Castle - él es la misma persona para todo el mundo en su día a día - pero se puede ver que Kate es alguien que desempeña roles. Ella es un tipo de persona con su padre, y un tipo particular de persona con Castle, un tipo particular de persona con Gates, con Montgomery .... Ella se controla mucho en todas las situaciones, y ella decide qué revelar de sí misma. Ahora que está en esta relación con Castle, ¿ella va a revelar un poco más? ¿O va a mantener sus secretos en algún lugar donde pueda dibujar sus líneas y fronteras?

TVLINE | Entre Rick y Kate, ¿quién crees que está más afectado por los que ha pasado?
Marlowe.- Creo que igual. Ambas partes están bastante afectadas.

TVLINE | ¿Están ambos igualmente emocionados? ¿O hay alguno que tenga alguna duda...?
Marlowe.- Creo que cada relación es complicada y en cualquier relación, inevitablemente, hay una fase de luna de miel. Ciertamente existe una gran cantidad de ansiedad al principio, porque esto se ha ido construyendo en las mentes de ambos por mucho tiempo. Así que en realidad, ¿qué es lo que es real? Esos son temas que cualquiera que haya tenido este tipo de trayectoria, para llegar a ese momento, va a tener que lidiar. El mayor temor de Kate es que, si ella y Rick "conectan", él no va a estar interesado en ella nunca más.

TVLINE | Es cierto, ella necesita saber lo que significa tanto para él como para ella.
Marlowe.- Si recuerdas, en el episodio piloto ella dijo: "¿Qué, así que voy a ser otra muesca en tu posición de la cama (otra moneda en tu colección)? Te conozco, tu tienes una reputación de ser un mujeriego." ¿Y qué pasa cuando eres la mujer que finalmente se acuesta con el mujeriego? ¿Hasta qué punto puedes confiar en eso? Está presente esa inseguridad, pero después la inseguridad puede dar paso a la felicidad. Entonces la pregunta es, ¿es esa felicidad verdadera a medida que avanzas desde el periodo de luna de miel hasta que estás tratando con la persona en su día a día?(o ¿se mantiene esa felicidad a medida que avanzas desde el periodo de enamoramiento hasta el momento en el que lidias día a día con la persona?) Ahí es cuando las cosas se vuelven más complicadas y más interesantes. Está ese período de los dos contra el mundo manteniendo este secreto maravilloso, ya que parte de la razón por la que desean mantenerlo en privado es por lo fenomenal que es. Es un momento precioso y desean fomentarlo y quieren dar vida a esas brasas ... pero a medida que se avanza, cambian las cosas.

TVLINE | ¿Cuál es su plan de ataque para que el resto de personajes averigüen lo que sucedió? ¿Es una maratón o un sprint?
Marlowe.- Una maratón, no un sprint. Lento pero divertido. Sentimos que hay una gran cantidad de kilómetros que sacar de ello.

TVLINE | Jon Huertas me insinuó que Esposito se da cuenta de algo en el primer episodio.
Marlowe.- Sí. Creo que así es como Jon le gustaría percibir el nivel de percepción de Javy (?) Claro. Claro. [Risas] Lo que es interesante, la forma en la que lo estamos desarrollando, es que las reglas del NYPD prohíben que dos personas que estén trabajando juntas mantengan una relación. En el caso de Esposito y Lanie, la oficina del forense es completamente independiente de la policía de Nueva York. Así que [Rick y Kate] están preocupados porque si Gates se entera, no van a ser capaces de trabajar juntos. Eso es una amenaza para la relación.

TVLINE | Pero Kate no trabaja para la policía de Nueva York en estos momentos, ¿no?
Marlowe.-Pues bien, en el primer episodio, no, pero .... No es un show si ella no está investigando.

TVLINE | pero ¿cuál es su movimiento? Beckett renunció, después de todo.
Marlowe.- Creo que la persona que hará el movimiento es la última persona que habló en el final del episodio [Cole Maddox] que dijo: "Tan pronto como consiga esa información, pondré a Kate Beckett bajo tierra." Como John Lennon dijo: "La vida es lo que pasa cuando estás ocupado haciendo otros planes." Castle y Beckett encuentran esta preciosa burbuja mágica en la que funcionar, pero eso no quiere decir que se pueda sostener, puede ser que alguien vaya a explotarla.

TVLINE | ¿Cómo de pronto veremos a Tahmoh Penikett de nuevo como Maddox?
Marlowe.-Lo verás en el primer episodio.

TVLINE | Si "Secretos" fue el tema de la temporada pasada, ¿cuál es el tema de la 5 ª temporada?
Marlowe.- Déjame pensar .... Creo que esta temporada es el reto de estar juntos y ver lo que sucede. Me reservo el derecho a cambiar de opinión a medida que comience y empiece a ver cómo la gente está respondiendo realmente. Quiero decir, tenemos un par de buenos guiones en frente de nosotros, pero estamos viendo cómo Nathan y Stana se asientan en estos nuevos roles, y dónde nos lleva la magia. Parte de nuestro trabajo detrás de las cámaras es, además de abordar este asunto sobre el papel, informarnos de lo que está funcionando muy bien y lo que sentimos que podemos extraer para llevar al público la historia más gratificante.
Deschanel
Deschanel
Actor en Broadway
Actor en Broadway